Hello and Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Black Hills trip


The host families met in the parking lot at 8:30 this morning with their students packed and ready to hit the road. There were tearful goodbyes and long hugs--it's pretty incredible how close you can become in just a little over two weeks.
 The bus ride was smooth and comfortable. We cruised our way to Chamberlain and visited the Akta Museum on the campus of the St. Joseph Indian School. It's a great museum that is a bit off the beaten path...we strongly suggest you visit there if you've not already.
 Lunch at Al's Oasis, of course. And then on to a sweet afternoon nap as we made our way west on I-90 to the Bad Lands.

 We took the scenic loop and landed in Wall....the students can now say they've been to Wall Drug!

It's been a long, long day. The students are all tucked-in and I'm closing my laptop. Looking forward to our fun adventures tomorrow and will surely report back: the Cosmos Mystery Area, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument and setting in to our cabins at Sylvan Lake in Custer State Park.

good night!

1 comment:

  1. Today,I left Madison and traveled Rapidcity.
    When I had to say my hostfamily to 'Good bye' I was so sad. But I could learn many things.
    I think that I had a special time!!! This experience is my treasure.
    I wish we will meet my hostfamily and teacher in SDU in the future.
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete